The Alumni of Color Community serves Gonzaga’s self-identified diverse alumni and seeks to intentionally connect alumni and students of color through educational, social, and professional development, and philanthropic programming rooted in values of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Connect alumni of color with each other and with the university to provide affinity group feedback and input on engagement efforts.
- Connect alumni to students and each other for mentoring and career development.
- Partner with the Office of Admissions and Recruitment to assist with increasing the volunteer participation by alumni of color in addition to connecting prospective students of color with diverse alumni.
- Support campus-partner programs and activities by sponsoring and/or participating in annual events to connect current students to Gonzaga’s programs and opportunities through UMEC, Cultural Clubs, etc.
- Endow multiple funds supporting identity-based scholarships.
The Alumni of Color’s leadership team is rooted in equity and is not a traditional hierarchical structure. This community is intentionally collaborative, and while one individual may be the point leader of a certain area, there is no hegemony.
Saba Mateos – Founding Member, Point Leader Systems & Strategy
Brittany M. Clark – Founding Member, Point Leader Professional Development
Meghan Montelibano-Gorman – Founding Member, Point Leader
Programming & Marketing
Danielle Cendejas – Founding Member, Point Leader Mentorship
Chris Navarro – Founding Member, Point Leader Outreach
View the Alumni of Color Leadership bios.
* Future Leadership Roles
Point Lead Student Liaison
Point Lead Social Justice