Licensure Disclosures

Does this program meet requirements for licensure in my state?  Each state and territory have different professional licensure and certification requirements.  Gonzaga University works to confirm if programs meet the educational prerequisites for professional licensure or certification outside the state of Washington.  Other licensure requirements may include professional examinations, background checks, years of work experience, fingerprinting requirement, etc.  Students who are considering an academic program that may allow them to pursue professional licensure in their state or territory are strongly encouraged to check their state's or territory's information below and contact the appropriate licensing agency to seek information and additional guidance before beginning a program outside of their state.  Licensing board and contact information is provided for each state and program.

Potential changes in requirements:  Licensure information is reviewed and updated on this site in May of each year.  Students who plan to pursue licensure outside of Washington state should be aware that state licensure requirements are subject to changes.  While a program may originally meet the educational requirements for licensure, changes in requirements could impact the program's ability to meet any new educational requirements.  Students should always check with their state licensure board to confirm licensure requirements.

Important note for relocating during the course of a program: Prospective and current students should keep in mind that licensing and authorization requirements vary by state and that relocating during the course of a program to another state could impact whether that student can continue in the course, meet the eligibility requirements of that state, and/or receive financial aid funding.  If students are considering relocating, they should contact their degree program to check for authorization and licensure eligibility requirements. 

Please select the state and program you are interested in.  To be directed to the state board licensing site, click on the State Licensure Board Agency.  For a full-screen view of the visual, click on the diagonal arrows at the bottom right-hand corner of the visual.