School of Education
Academic Departments housed in the School of Education:
- Department of Counselor Education
- Department of Educational Leadership & Administration
- Department of Special Education
- Department of Sport & Physical Education
- Department of Teacher Education
Undergraduate and Graduate Majors:
Spokane or Online programs
- Minor, B. Ed., and M. Ed. in Special Education
- Minor and B. Ed. in Physical Education
- Minor and B.Ed. in Sport Management
- Master of Initial Teaching
- M.A. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- M.A. in Marriage and Family Counseling
- M.A. in School Counseling
- M.A. in Leadership and Administration, site-based (Washington)
- M.A. Sport and Athletic Administration
- Doctor of Educational Leadership (EdD)
Canadian Site-Based programs
- Master of Counselling, Site-based (Canada)
- M.Ed. in Leadership and Administration, site-based (British Columbia)
- M.Ed. (School Administration), site-based (Alberta)
Principal Certification: School leaders face many challenges, including legislated learning, under-funded programs and the demands of a global economy, and increasing pressures for school reform, assessment, and accountability. School leadership programs begin with the assumption that school leaders do more than provide effective supervision. Today's school leaders also work with peers, administrators, and parents to achieve school, district, and state goals. Visit our webpage for more information and to apply!
The ProTeach Program exists to support teachers in the areas of effective practice, professional development and leadership while they are pursuing their Washington State Professional Certificate. The program is grounded in the mission of both the University and the School of Education, and built on the values of service leadership, academic excellence, social justice, and reflective and collegial practice. Depending on the program core, teachers usually take from one to two years to complete the program, which may be taken as a stand-alone or in conjunction with existing University Masters' programs in education.
In addition, Gonzaga University offers support for practicing teachers seeking National Certification through the National Board for Professional Teaching Standards.
714 E. Boone Ave.
AD Box 25
Spokane, WA 99258-0025
Phone: (509) 313-3594
(800) 533-2554 x3594
The Rosauer Center for Education