Master of Anesthesiology Education
Four indicators that the Master of Anesthesiology Education (MAE) program at Gonzaga University may be the program for you!
- You are a highly skilled critical care nurse
who is seeking new professional challenges.
- You are ready to venture into a more autonomous practice.
- You are intrigued with adding or expanding the
dimension of teaching into your practice.
- You have a vision of yourself as a leader in your profession.
If this describes you, then you are a person for which this program was designed.
The MAE program is designed for the registered nurse who wishes to assume a leadership role within the profession of nurse anesthesia. It is the goal of the program to graduate practitioners who are able to function in any anesthetizing area from anesthesia care team member to the independent delivery of anesthesia. It is our anticipation that graduates will be prepared to design, teach, and lead the programs necessary for building quality and strength within the profession.
The MAE program:
- The Master of Anesthesiology Education Program is accredited by the Council on Accreditation of Nurse Anesthesia Educational Programs (COA), 222 S. Prospect Ave., Suite 304, Park Ridge, IL 60068-4001.
- Begins each January and continues for 28 months.
- Enrolls 8 students each year.
- Requires all applications to be complete by December 1.
- Required interviews for the MAE class of January 2014 will be held on February 4th-5th, 2013.
- Notifies applicants of their acceptance status by mid-February.
Program requirements have been updated and the information available through the links on this page supercedes all other requirements published in the Graduate Student Handbook and the School of Education Standards and Fair Process Manual.
If you have any questions about the program other than admissions requirements, please call (509) 474-4971.