School of Education Admission Requirements
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution
- A completed graduate application (APPLY HERE)
- A $50.00 non-refundable application fee made payable online at https://commerce.cashent.com/SOE3. This fee is waived for Gonzaga graduates and International students
- One (1) official degree bearing transcript and one official transcript from all other colleges or universities attended. If you attend Gonzaga, please note that GU transcripts are ordered by the Graduate Admissions Office on your behalf.
- Two (2) confidential recommendations (Gonzaga University recommendation forms are required) (CLICK HERE FOR FORM)
- A written statement of purpose addressing the applicant's (a) commitment to becoming a K-12 educator, (b) past and present academic experiences, and (c) ability to work with children or youth
- Complete an online declaration of endorsement form (CLICK HERE FOR FORM)
- Personal Interview with the M.I.T. admission committee.
- Meet minimum requirements in Reading, Writing and Math on either the WEST B (Math, Reading, Writing: 240), SAT (Math 515, Reading 500, Writing 490), ACT (Math 22, Reading, Writing 8) and/or CBEST (Math, Reading, Writing 40).
- Submission of foreign transcripts in the original language and a certified English copy. All foreign transcripts MUST be professionally evaluated, course by course, through WES or ECE.
- An official TOEFL score of 88 ibt, 580 (written) OR an IELTS score of 6.5 or higher OR successful completion of Gonzaga University’s ESL program
- Copy of passport
- Completed financial declaration form with original supporting bank statements (showing at least US $22,900) or official letter from sponsoring agency