Undergraduate:Click here to request information about the B.Ed. program from undergraduate admissions.
- Tuition and Financial aid info
- Contact information
- Details for international and transfer students
- Admission requirements
- Application materials
- Early Action Program
Graduate:Click here to request information from graduate admissions.
- Application deadlines
- Graduate student services
- Contact information
- Graduate Application to the School of Education
- Letters of Recommendation
- Other application forms
General Admission Requirements
Note: These are the requirements for every graduate program applicant.
Gonzaga graduates should take a look at the requirements that can be waived. Click here for details.
For certification all candidates must take the WEST-B.
Prerequisite: A bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university is required for all School of Education graduate degrees.
Each applicant must submit the following materials to the School of Education Graduate Admissions office:
- A completed application form
- $45 non-refundable application fee
- Two official transcripts from each college or university attended
- The official score from the Graduate Records Exam (GRE) general aptitude test or the Miller Analogies Test (MAT). Scores must be less than five years old. This requirement may be waived if the applicant has an advanced degree.
Additional Requirements for International Applicants
International applicants must submit foreign transcripts in the original language and an English copy, as well as:
Submission of TOEFL score of at least 550 by each international applicant who has graduated from a foreign college or university and whose native language is not English
Submission of a financial declaration and supporting documentation by each on campus international applicant
Master of Education in Special Education Application Requirements:
A written statement of purpose addressing the applicant's interest in graduate studies which relates to some area in the field, assessing the applicant's current strengths, and describing what the applicant hopes to gain from a master's degree program.
Two letters of recommendation (from immediate or past supervisors) sent directly from the recommending persons to the School of Education Graduate Admissions office with the confidential recommendation forms attached.
714 E. Boone Ave.
AD Box 25
Spokane, WA 99258
Phone: (509) 313-3470
Fax: (509) 313-5965