Welcome to the Department of Special Education!
Help children reach their full potential through a career in service to others. Advance your career and education through a nationally recognized program for preparation of special education professionals.
The Department of Special Education programs and faculty are nationally recognized and its graduates are some of the best-trained professionals in the country.
Why Gonzaga Special Education?
- Choice - three different tracks
- Nationally recognized faculty and program
- Shortage of special education teachers
- Marketability - nearly all graduates who complete teacher certification with an endorsement to teach special education and seek a teaching position are hired the next fall
- Faculty - highly competent practitioners and scholars
- Student Evaluations - program, courses, professors, advisors and supervisors receive top ratings
- Nationally accredited (NCATE)
At the undergraduate level, the Department of Special Education offers:
- an academic major or minor in Special Education
- an endorsement to teach Special Education (P-12)
- an endorsement to teach Early Childhood Special Education (P-3)
- an initial teacher certification with an endorsement in special education (P-12)
At the graduate level, the Department offers a Master (M.Ed.) in Special Education. The graduate student selects one of three tracks:
Follow Us on Facebook
714 E. Boone Ave.
AD Box 25
Spokane, WA 99258
Phone: (509) 313-3470
Fax: (509) 313-5965