Requirements for Certification
- For Principal/Program Administrator certification you must provide your teaching or ESA certificate.
- A letter from your district superintendent that supports you in doing an internship.
- Principal/Mentor (must have a minimum of 3 years’ experience as a principal in the district) letter agreeing to be the mentor and supports the internship.
- Abuse training documentation.
- Signed and returned mentor agreement.
- Letter of acceptance from the Dean.
- All Gonzaga University Certification documentation.
- Fee paid for certificate (copy of receipt submitted to the director).
- Approval letter from the PEAB.
- Download the application form for an administrator's certificate
- Download the WA State certification fee form
- Download the character and fitness supplement
- Download the GU school administration acknowledgement sheet
- Download the request for administrative internship form
- Download the verification of good standing for certificates held in other states form
- Download the address/information sheet
- Download the mentor agreement form
- Download the principal only experience form
- Download the administrator certification welcome letter
Please submit all forms pertaining to certification to Dr. Cynthia Johnson. If planning on mailing your documents, please mail them to:
School of Education, Department of Educational Leadership and Administration
502 E Boone Ave, Box 25
Spokane, WA 99258.
Request more info on DELA programs.
View the DELA online graduate catalog.
Principal/Prog Admin Certification Student Handbook
View the Principal/Prog Admin Certification Student Handbook.
Mentor & Intern Guide
View the Mentor & Intern Resource Guide.
School of Education
502 E Boone Ave
AD Box 25
Spokane, WA 99258
Phone: (509) 313-3514
Fax: (509) 313-3472
Dr. Cynthia Johnson
Director - Principal/Program Administrator Certification Program
Phone: (509) 313-3650
Fax: (509) 313-3482