Requirements for Certification
- For Principal certification you must provide your teaching or ESA certificate.
- A letter from your district superintendent that supports you in doing an internship.
- Principal/Mentor (must have a minimum of 3 years’ experience as a principal in the district) letter agreeing to be the mentor and supports the internship.
- Abuse training documentation.
- Signed and returned mentor agreement.
- Letter of acceptance from the Dean.
- Approval letter from the PEAB.
Required Program Paperwork
- Download the GU school administration acknowledgement sheet
- Download the request for administrative internship form
- Download the address/information sheet
- Download the mentor agreement form
- Download the principal only experience form
- Download the 40 hour observation form
Please submit all forms pertaining to certification to Dr. Cynthia Johnson. If planning on mailing your documents, please mail them to:
School of Education, Department of Educational Leadership and Administration
502 E Boone Ave, Box 25
Spokane, WA 99258.
School of Education
502 E Boone Ave
AD Box 25
Spokane, WA 99258
Phone: (509) 313-3514
Fax: (509) 313-3472
Dr. Cynthia Johnson
Director - Principal/Program Administrator Certification Program
Phone: (509) 313-3650
Fax: (509) 313-3482