A master's degree from an accredited institution
A valid teaching or ESA certificate
Currently employed in a K-12 setting
A minimum of 3 years of K-12 educational experience
1. A completed application form.
2. A non-refundable application fee ($50) made by check or online at: https://commerce.cashnet.com/SOE3. Application fee is waived for Gonzaga University graduates or international students.
3. A written statement of purpose. The mission of the School of Education is to prepare socially responsive professionals who serve with competence, commitment, and care. The School of Education upholds the tradition of humanistic, Catholic, and Jesuit education. With our mission in mind, please submit a typed statement of purpose that presents:
- A description of why you are interested in administration;
- An assessment of the strengths you have that will help you as an educational leader;
- A description, if applicable, of what you hope to gain from this master's program;
- Evidence of collaboration of informal and formal leadership within the school or district;
- Evidence of leadership within the community.
In the Statement of Purpose, the Admissions Committee will look for evidence of the applicant's personal commitment to students, service to others, concern for social justice, and interest and/or experience in leadership.
4. Two letters of recommendation, one from the most recent supervisor, and the other from a professional colleague, sent directly from the recommending persons to the School of Education Graduate Admissions Office using the Confidential Recommendation Forms (Supervisor Form, Colleague Form).
5. Two nomination letters: One nomination letter from the superintendent and one from the principal/mentor, both supporting and permitting the candidate to do their internship in the school district. This letter can be e-mailed to the graduate admission office at: email@example.com.
6. One (1) official degree bearing transcript and one official transcript from all other colleges or universities attended. International applicants must submit foreign transcripts in the original language and an English copy. Final transcripts must bear a posted bachelor's degree from an accredited university.
7. A resume that shows career history and highlights leadership experiences.
8. Copy of your teaching or ESA (Educational Staff Associate) certificate.
9. Copy of abuse course taken.
* If you are an international student you are also required to submit the following:
1. An official TOEFL score of at least 550 (minimum score of 80 if taken by Internet) by each international applicant who has graduated from a foreign university or college and whose native language is not English.
2. A financial declaration form.
Please send all application materials to Janice Huston in the Graduate Admissions office. If planning on mailing your documents, please mail them to:
School of Education, Graduate Admissions
502 E Boone Ave, Box 25
Spokane, WA 99258.
Request more info on DELA programs.
View the DELA online graduate catalog.
Principal/Prog Admin Certification Student Handbook
View the Principal/Prog Admin Certification Student Handbook.
Mentor & Intern Guide
View the Mentor & Intern Resource Guide.
714 E. Boone Ave.
AD Box 25
Spokane, WA 99258
Phone: (509) 313-3664
Fax: (509) 313-3482