- Degree: A baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution.
- Application: A completed graduate application form.
- Application Fee: A $50.00 non-refundable application fee made payable online at https://commerce.cashnet.com/SOE3. The fee is waived if the applicant is a prior Gonzaga University graduate.
- Transcripts: One official transcript from all colleges or universities attended.
- Recommendations: Two (2) confidential recommendations from two supervisors (click here for form). One can be from principal and another can be from a vice principal or director.
- Statement of Purpose: A written statement of purpose. Gonzaga University belongs to a long and distinguished tradition of humanistic Catholic, and Jesuit education. The School of Education upholds the University tradition and exemplifies it through its dedication to preparing socially responsive professionals who serve with competence, commitment, and care. Additionally, the department’s mission is to prepare reflective educational leaders who promote student, professional, and organizational learning to address challenges and opportunities inherent in a changing world. With these perspectives in mind, please submit a typed statement of purpose that presents:
- A description of why you are interested in graduate studies;
- An assessment of the strengths you have that will help you as an educational leader;
- A description of what you hope to gain from this master's program.
(In the Statement of Purpose, the Admissions Committee will look for evidence of the applicant's personal commitment to 1) students, 2) service to others, 3) concern for social justice, and 4) interest, and/or experience in leadership.)
- Resume: A resume that shows career history and highlights leadership experiences.
*Please submit all application items to the School of Education, Graduate Admissions Office*
If you have questions, please contact the Graduate Admissions office.