Formerly known as the Emerging Leaders Program, the Certificate in Foundational Leadership (CFL) is a 9-month individual leadership program designed to accelerate your leadership effectiveness. CFL is designed for a small cohort of high-potential professional leaders from numerous organizations and industries, which allows students to examine leadership challenges from many different perspectives. Often described as “transformational” by its alumni, CFL has graduated 126 leaders from dozens of Inland Northwest companies over the past 14 years. Its three-part model is based on the following: Practical Learning, Leadership Assessments, and Mentorship.
- Increase self-awareness of your leadership strengths and development areas.
- Develop strategies to lead and and influence teams, particularly through change.
- Enhance ability to work effectively with people of diverse identities, personalities and abilities.
- Improve interpersonal communication skills, particularly in high-stakes situations.
- Enhance professional relationships through networking and mentorship.
- CFL is a hybrid program with both in-person and Zoom (virtual) classes
- Students engage in several in-depth assessments, including individual debriefs
- Monthly topics are paired with practical assignments to apply concepts to real-life
- Students are matched with a mentor for the duration of the program
- Certificate graduates may apply a maximum of three (3) credits towards completion of a Masters in Organizational Leadership or Masters in Communication and Leadership at Gonzaga, contingent upon admission.
- View the 2021-2022 class dates and activities.