- Final Fall 2023 Session B application deadline is September 26, 2023
- Classes begin October 24, 2023
- Final Spring 2024 Session A application deadline is December 11, 2023
- Classes begin January 16, 2024
- Final Spring 2024 Session B application deadline is February 19, 2024
- Classes begin March 18, 2024
5 Start Dates a Year
- January, March, May, August, October
To be eligible for the Master's in Communication & Leadership Studies, you must have a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution.
Please note: Students from Massachusetts may not enroll in the College Teaching Concentration, but are eligible for all other optional concentrations offered in the M.A. in Communication and Leadership program. If you have any questions, please contact us.
- Complete the Online Application.
- Note that if any documents have been generated using artificial intelligence (AI), your application may be denied.
Submit an official transcript from the institution where you earned your bachelor's degree. You only need to list that school on your application, unless you choose to submit additional transcripts from other schools.
- If your cumulative GPA falls below a 3.0 please include an explanation of GPA statement.
- If you previously attended Gonzaga or are a current student, GU transcripts are ordered by your Admissions Counselor on your behalf.
Official transcripts can be mailed or emailed to:
Graduate Admissions Operations
AD Box 102
502 E. Boone Avenue
Spokane, WA 99258-0068
Letter of RecommendationProvide a minimum of one professional recommender who can evaluate your leadership, interpersonal skills, critical thinking, judgment, professional practice and your ability and capacity to complete a graduate degree. A supervisor or past professor is a great choice for a recommender. Letters of recommendation are facilitated through the online application. Recommendations from family members are not accepted.
Statement of Purpose
Submit an essay in your own words that is well written, organized, and no longer than 1,000 words. It must also include the following:
- Describe your interest in the Communication and Leadership Studies degree.
- Assess your strengths.
- Describe what you hope to gain from this graduate degree.
- Submit your resume of professional experience.
Military-Connected & Veteran Students
- Currently, all active-duty military members must have permission/approval from an Education Services Officer (ESO), Military Counselor, or the Military Service prior to applying.
- For more information on how to apply for the GI Bill and related benefits, please visit the U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs How to Apply page.
- Visit Gonzaga’s Military & Veteran Students for more information regarding benefits and student support.
Call or Text: (509) 313-6240 or (866) 380-5323
Information is subject to change.