Get a peek behind the scenes and a taste of the world of “show business.” We’re seeking performing-arts enthusiasts who enjoy serving the public to help us put shows on stage and welcome guests.
Volunteering at the Myrtle Woldson Performing Arts Center requires:
- a commitment to help at a minimum of 6 events per annual performance season preferred, including a combination of Gonzaga University performances and other productions
- available during evening or weekend show dates
- be 16 years of age or older
- may need to stand for extended periods of time
- ushers and front-of-house personnel must be comfortable interacting with the public, including possible emergencies or difficult situations
- attend one orientation session before working as a volunteer (approximately 1 hour, held quarterly)
- have access to email for scheduling and information from the Center
Volunteers will often have the opportunity to see performances when helping at a show, but the chance to see an entire performance or any specific part of it is not guaranteed.
Volunteers will be selected through brief interviews.
Current Volunteer Needs
Ushers & Front of House
Ushers and Front-of-House volunteers help greet patrons, scan tickets, hand out programs, provide directions, and help guests find their seats
Backstage volunteers may assist with scene changes, lighting or sound equipment, helping performers with costumes and props, and loading in or striking events.
Help distribute marketing materials, spread the word about the Center to groups in the community, help us learn more about audiences, and join us for occasional coffee chats about new ideas and events.
If you have questions about volunteering or a specialized skill to contribute that is not mentioned above, contact our Volunteer Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org