College of Arts and Sciences
Women, Gender & Sexuality Studies Program
Degree: Minor in Women’s and Gender Studies
Students who complete a minor in WGST will:
- Articulate the historical development and debates around concepts central to the academic fields of Women, Gender, and Sexuality Studies.
- Situate systems of power and inequality in local and global contexts using a transnational feminist perspective.
- Effectively communicate an intersectional feminist analysis of hetero/sexism, racism, classism, transphobia, and ableism, among other social injustices, in one or more modalities (written, oral, visual, etc).
- Propose strategies to increase justice drawing from feminist theories, practices, and movements.
- Evaluate the possibilities and limits of methods of inquiry and knowledge claims from a feminist perspective.