Gonzaga's graduate programs, including the Philosophy M.A. program, use an online application process. The online application can be found here. Information to help you prepare your application is on this page.
Deadlines: The Philosophy M.A. program has a rolling admission policy which allows applications at any time during the year. To ensure consideration for fall admission, applications should be complete by July 15 of each year (though we are sometimes able to process late applications). The priority deadline for financial aid packages is March 15; financial aid applications will be accepted after that date until all aid has been awarded.
Questions: If you need assistance with any aspect of the application process, please contact the Director of Graduate Studies, Danielle Layne (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Admissions Coordinator, Cory Kittrell (email@example.com).
- A completed application form: Apply online here.
- Submit one official transcript from each college or university attended (international applicants must submit foreign transcripts in the original language and an English copy). Only degrees and courses from regionally accredited institutions will be accepted. If you previously attended Gonzaga or are a current student, please note that GU transcripts are ordered by the Graduate Admissions Office on your behalf.
- Three letters of recommendation: Recommendation letters normally should be uploaded through the online application portal by recommenders. If recommenders wish, they can send a separate letter of recommendation along with the form.
- GRE general aptitude or MAT standardized test scores: either test is acceptable, as long as the test score is less than five years old. (If the applicant has already earned an advanced degree, the standardized test may not be required; check with the Director of Graduate Studies)
- Personal statement of philosophical background and interest
- A sample of philosophical writing (no more than 3500 words)
Mail official transcripts to:
Graduate Admissions Operations
AD Box 102
502 E Boone Avenue
Spokane, WA 99258-0102
Send to firstname.lastname@example.org
International Student Applicants
In addition to the above requirements, international student applicants must submit the following:
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) score: international applicants who have graduated from non-US colleges or universities and whose native language is not English must submit an official TOEFL score. For admission, the TOEFL minimum scores are 100 ibt (internet-based test) or 250 cbt (computer-based test) or 600 pbt (paper-based test)
- A financial declaration form and supporting documentation: international students must document that they have funding resources to live in Spokane and complete the Philosophy M.A. degree
Submit the New Student Medical Forms
Look for an email in your Zagmail account regarding instructions for logging into your secure Online Health Portal and completing your New Student Medical Forms. All students are required to submit these forms, which include providing documentation of two measles (rubeola) vaccinations. For more information on Health & Counseling Services, please visit www.gonzaga.edu/healthandcounseling.