Apply for the Master's in Philosophy program through our online application form. Below is information to help you to prepare and submit your application.
Our program allows applications for either a Fall or Spring semester start (there is no summer semester start at this time).
- Fall 2020: August 1
- Spring 2021: December 1
Note, the priority deadline for financial aid packages is March 15; financial aid applications will be accepted after that date until all aid has been awarded.
Applicants must have a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- Completed application for admission.
- Submit one official transcript from each college or university attended (international applicants must submit foreign transcripts in the original language and an English copy). Only degrees and courses from regionally accredited institutions will be accepted.
- If your cumulative GPA falls below a 3.0 please include an explanation of GPA statement in your application.
- If you previously attended Gonzaga or are a current student, GU transcripts are ordered by your Admissions Counselor on your behalf.
Official transcripts can be emailed or mailed to:
AD Box 102
502 E. Boone Avenue
Spokane, WA 99258-0068
- Three letters of recommendation: your recommenders will be notified by email to submit a letter of recommendation once you add their information through the online application.
- Personal statement of philosophical background and interest.
- Philosophical writing sample (3500 words or less).
International Student Applicants:
In addition to the eligibility and application requirements, international students must also submit the following:
Proof of English Language
- TOEFL score of 88 or
- IELTS score of 6.5 or
- Verification of English language proficiency from the Gonzaga University ISSS office or
- An official recommendation from Gonzaga University's English Language Center
Due to Covid-19 restrictions TOEFL testing is now take place online and you can learn by visiting the TOEFL website.
- Submission of foreign transcripts in the original language and a certified English copy and
- Official transcript/degree evaluation from Gonzaga University's ISSS office or
- WES/ECE evaluation
Copy of passport picture page
- If you do not have a passport, a copy of identification card from the home country is required.
Proof of Adequate Funding to Study in the US
- Financial Declarations
- Bank statement showing required amount listed on the Financial Declarations
Note: F-1 students may only study on campus for the duration of the short-term immersions.
For more information on the International Student Program please call (509) 313-6563.
Gonzaga offers scholarships for international students.
For details go to our International Graduate Student Scholarship webpage.
Submit the New Student Medical Forms
Look for an email in your Zagmail account regarding instructions for logging into your secure Online Health Portal and completing your New Student Medical Forms. All students are required to submit these forms, which include providing documentation of two measles (rubeola) vaccinations. For more information on Health & Counseling Services, please visit www.gonzaga.edu/healthandcounseling.
Lisa Galindo Tavarez, Admissions Specialist
Call or Text (509) 313-6227 or (866) 380-5323