Apply for the Master's in Philosophy program through our online application form. Below is information to help you to prepare and submit your application.
Our program allows applications for either a Fall or Spring semester start (there is no summer semester start at this time).
- Spring 2024: December 1st, 2023
- Applicants must have a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution.
If documents have been generated using artificial intelligence (AI), your application may be denied.
- Completed application for admission.
- Submit one official transcript from each college or university attended (international applicants must submit foreign transcripts in the original language and an English copy). Only degrees and courses from regionally accredited institutions will be accepted.
- If your cumulative GPA falls below a 3.0 please include an explanation of GPA statement in your application.
- If you previously attended Gonzaga or are a current student, GU transcripts are ordered by your Admissions Counselor on your behalf.
- Three letters of recommendation: your recommenders will be notified by email to submit a letter of recommendation once you add their information through the online application.
- Personal statement of philosophical background and interest.
- Philosophical writing sample (3500 words or less).
Official transcripts can be mailed or emailed to:
Graduate Admissions Operations
AD Box 102
502 E. Boone Avenue
Spokane, WA 99258-0068
International Student Applicants:
In addition to the eligibility and application requirements, international students must also submit the following:
Proof of English Language
- TOEFL score of 88 or
- IELTS score of 6.5
- An official recommendation from Gonzaga University's English Language Center
Due to Covid-19 restrictions TOEFL testing is now take place online and you can learn by visiting the TOEFL website.
All international students applying directly to a Gonzaga University graduate program must have each foreign transcript evaluated through an AACRAO approved, third-party evaluator. This must include the required course-by-course evaluation of all university degrees earned outside of the United States.
SpanTran has created a custom application for Gonzaga students that will make sure you select the correct evaluation at a discounted rate ($150 for the evaluation). You can access their application by clicking here.
If using ECE, please request the course-by-course evaluation.
If using WES, please select the course-by-course ICAP service.
Official transcript evaluations can be sent electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org or have them mailed to:
Attn: Graduate Admissions Operations
AD Box 102
502 E. Boone Ave
Spokane, WA 99258-0102
Copy of passport picture page
- If you do not have a passport, a copy of identification card from the home country is required.
Proof of Adequate Funding to Study in the US
- Financial Declarations
- Bank statement showing required amount listed on the Financial Declarations
Note: F-1 students may only study on campus for the duration of the short-term immersions.
Submit the New Student Medical Forms
Look for an email in your Zagmail account regarding instructions for logging into your secure Online Health Portal and completing your New Student Medical Forms. All students are required to submit these forms, which include providing documentation of two measles (rubeola) vaccinations. For more information on Health & Counseling Services, please visit www.gonzaga.edu/healthandcounseling.