The department offers two degrees and one minor:
- Bachelor of Science, Economics major
- Bachelor of Arts, Economics major
- Minor in Economics
Please reference the 2021-2022 Undergraduate Catalog for course requirements specific to the Economics Department major and minor.
- The Bachelor of Science Major in Economics includes extensive coursework in mathematics as well as economics in preparation for graduate study in economics and careers requiring strong quantitative skills.
- The Bachelor of Arts Major in Economics is offered for students who want an extensive background in economics in preparation for careers in business or government as well as for those pursuing advanced study in law or business.
- A minor in Economics is also offered for students with other majors who need less extensive knowledge of economics.
- Graduates can apply economic theory to problems relating to market structures, resource markets, employment, and fiscal and monetary policies.