Circulation Services for Community Borrowers
- Borrowing privileges
- Access your library record
- How do I check out and return items
- How long do materials check out for
- What if I bring the item back late
- What are my options it the item I want is not on the shelf
Borrowing privileges. Non Gonzaga patrons may purchase a Community Borrowers Card to check out material from Foley Center for $25. The card is good for 12 months from the date of purchase. The $25 is an annual fee.
Access Your Record online. This option allows you to view current activity on your borrowing record (e.g., items checked out, fines owed, holds pending). You can also renew your items from here.
Present your Community Borrowers card at the Circulation Desk on the main floor to check out material. All items that circulate are to be checked out and returned to the Main Circulation Desk. An outside bookdrop is provided for your convenience.
Checkout period for community borrowers is 28 days and materials can be renewed up to eight times unless requested by another user. Exception: Popular books check out for two weeks and can be renewed only twice, popular videos, CD’s and DVD’s check out for 7 days. Material may be renewed by phone, on line or in person at the Circulation Desk. Material does not need to be presented in order to renew it. The renewal period is equivalent to the original checkout period. Books may be renewed in the "My Account" feature of the library catalog. To renew by phone, call 323-5803--you will be asked for your community borrower number (on your card). Renew before the due date to avoid late fines! Materials With Shorter Loan Periods:
|Curriculum Center Material||28 days for all users|
|Media Material (videos, CDs) ||7 days for all users|
|Popular Books||14 days for all users|
Reference, periodicals and Special Collections materials do not check out. Reserve materials are not available for checkout by Community Borrowers.
Everyone who borrows material from the Foley Center is subject to late fees if material is returned or renewed late.
|Fine Per Item|
|Most Items||25 cents per day|
|Interlibrary Loans||$1per day|
|Media (videos & CDs) ||25 cents per day|
|Recalled Items||$1 per day|
|Reserve Materials||$1 per hour|
Notices for library material that is overdue are sent at 7 days and 14 days past the due date. Persons with library material more than 60 days late will be billed the cost of the item plus a $10 processing fee. If the item is no longer in print a default charge of $50 plus a $10 processing fee will be assessed.
Several options are available to you at this point. Please discuss the situation with the staff at the Circulation Desk.
- RECALL: If the item you want is checked out and you need it right away, ask to put a RECALL on the item. The person who has the item checked out has seven days to return it. When the item is returned you will be mailed a notice and the item will be held for you at the Circulation Desk for seven days. All circulating material is subject to recall. Any item checked out by any borrower may be recalled after two weeks if needed by another borrower or by the Library.
- HOLD: If the item you want is checked out and you simply want to receive it when it's returned ask to put a HOLD on the item. Whenever the item comes back the item will be held for you at the Circulation Desk. Holds may be placed in the catalog by using the hold request button and supplying your name and library card number.
- TRACE: If the item you want is not checked out and not on the shelf ask to have a TRACE put on the item. Circulation staff will search for the item and notify you when it has been found. You will be mailed a notice and the item will be held for you at the Circulation Desk for seven days. You can determine for yourself whether or not an item is checked out by finding the record in the online catalog. At the end of the record is a status line which indicates the availability of an item.