GU World View 2016
Term: Submissions will be accepted 9:00am Thursday, September 8, 2016 through 5:00 pm Friday, October 28, 2016.
Voting for Zags Choice will take place on Instagram Monday, November 7 through 5:00pm Friday, November 11, 2016.
Who may enter: All Gonzaga University students, faculty, staff, and alumni.
How to enter: Each Entry consists of a single image. By submitting a photograph the entrant agrees to all contest rules.
The Categories for entries are: (1) People of the World, (2) Places in the World (3) Movement in the World
There is a maximum of three (3) total entries per person. Each entry must comply with the following requirements.
- DIGITAL FORMAT: The photograph need not be taken with a digital camera; all digital files must be 5 megabytes or smaller, must be in JPEG or JPG format, and must be at least 1,600 pixels wide (if a horizontal image) or 1,600 pixels tall (if a vertical image). All digital images must be entered on line using the submission form below.
- Photographs must have been taken within four (4) years before the date of entry.
- Only minor burning, dodging and/or color correction is acceptable, as is cropping.
- Photographs that include sculptures, statues, paintings, and other works of art will be accepted as long as they do not constitute copyright infringement or fraud; provided entrants must be prepared to provide a release form as described below in "Release." When photographing the work of others, it must be as an object in its environment and not a full-frame close-up of another person's art.
- The photograph, in its entirety, must be a single work of original material taken by the Contest entrant. By entering the Contest, entrant represents, acknowledges, and warrants that the submitted photograph is an original work created solely by the entrant, that the photograph does not infringe on the copyrights, trademarks, moral rights, rights of privacy/publicity or intellectual property rights of any person or entity, and that no other party has any right, title, claim, or interest in the photograph.
- The photograph must not, in the sole and unfettered discretion of the Sponsor (the Center for Global Engagement), contain obscene, provocative, defamatory, sexually explicit, or otherwise objectionable or inappropriate content.
Release: All photographs submitted electronically will become property of the CGE and may be displayed on campus and used for promotional purposes.
Prizes: First, Second, and Third Place prizes will be awarded for entry categories: People of the World, Places in the World, and Movement in the World. In addition, Zags Choice awards will be given to the three submissions receiving the most likes on Instagram.
Judging: The Judges will collectively select a First, Second, and Third Place Winner in each entry Category based on the following Judging Criteria: (1) Creativity 50%; (2) Photographic quality 50%. Winners will be announced during International Education Week November 14-18 and notified via e-mail. Decisions of the judges are final and binding.