MSN - Nursing Leadership in Healthcare
- Spring 2020 B Session Deadline - January 22, 2020
- Classes Start March 16, 2020
Applicants to the RN to MSN program must have an unencumbered RN license and associate’s degree in nursing from an accredited program. You must also demonstrate the desire to advance your knowledge and experience within the nursing field.
Please note: Gonzaga must obtain authorization from each state in order to admit students into an online program. The list provided here outlines the current status in order to admit student into an online program.
An interview via phone or Skype may be requested.
- Complete the Online Application
Submit one official transcript from each college or university attended.
- If your cumulative GPA falls below a 3.0 please include an explanation of GPA.
- If you previously attended Gonzaga or are a current student, please note that GU transcripts are ordered by your admissions counselor on your behalf.
Official transcripts can be mailed or emailed to:
Graduate Admissions Operations
AD Box 102
502 E. Boone Avenue
Spokane, WA 99258-0068
Request a minimum of two letters of recommendation through the online application. Your references will be contacted directly by us via email with directions for submitting their letters of recommendation and evaluation checklist on your behalf. Provide a minimum of two professional recommenders who can evaluate your leadership, interpersonal skills, critical thinking, judgement, professional practice and your ability and capacity to complete a graduate degree. Supervisors or past professors are best. Please note: recommendations from family members or friends are not accepted.
Statement of Purpose
Submit a 500-1000 word essay that is well written, organized, and includes the following:
- Interest in the RN to MSN program and the HSL option, and what you hope to gain from the degree.
- Professional goals and experiences
- Personal and professional strengths
- Why you are interested in attending Gonzaga University
Current Registered Nurse License
Provide proof of registered nurse license from a program accredited by CCNE or ACEN. (Screenshot acceptable)
Current Resume or Professional Curriculum Vitae
Provide an updated professional resume or curriculum vitae.
You are able to petition to transfer credits from an accredited program.
- Submit the Transfer Credit Form
- Submit Accompanying Syllabus
- Submit Official Transcript
Transferring of credits is subject to approval from faculty and the Registrar's Office.
Call or Text (509) 313-6243 or (866) 380-5323
Information is subject to change.