Gonzaga University is dedicated to ensuring our Master’s in Theology and Leadership program is affordable and offered at a significantly reduced tuition rate. Additionally, there are many options students have to fund their education, including financial aid, scholarships and payment plans.
We are here to help and ready to discuss the various ways to fund your education.
Lisa Galindo Tavarez, Admissions Specialist
Call or Text (509) 313-6227 or (866) 380-5323
- $720* per credit
- 30 credit program
- Graduate student financial aid is not based on income
- Eligible students can receive up to $20,500
- Students must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) annually to be eligible
- Gonzaga University’s school code is 003778
- Students must be admitted as a matriculated student in a graduate program in order to receive federal financial aid
The M.A. in Theology and Leadership Program offers new students the opportunity to apply for an internal scholarship upon confirmation of acceptance into the program. The below scholarships contribute to the full internal scholarship new students are offered.
Madeline St. Marie Scholarship
Criteria: Graduate students studying theology.
- Peter and Carol Welk Religious Studies Scholarship
Criteria: First preference, for scholarship support of Mater Dei students pursuing studies through the Religious Studies Department of Gonzaga University. Second preference, if there are no Mater Dei students available, then funds are to provide scholarship support especially for those students preparing for the ministry and lay teaching in the Church through the Religious Studies Department of Gonzaga University.
- Conrad N. Hilton Scholarship
Criteria: For women pursuing religious academic studies at Gonzaga University.
- Mary Olson Fairhurst Memorial Scholarship
Criteria: First preference for students with financial need who are in Religious Studies and who intend to pursue work in a hospital/hospice setting; second preference for students with need who intend to work in chaplaincy or for a charitable or non-profit organization.
- Gonzaga Alumni are eligible for the Alumni Graduate Education Scholarship, which is equal to 15% off tuition rates.
- Gonzaga’s Financial Aid Office also maintains a database of scholarships for students to access, search and apply for awards.
- Gonzaga offers scholarships for international students. For details go to our International Graduate Student Scholarship webpage.
Tuition Discount: Catholic Diocese of Spokane
Gonzaga University in partnership with the Catholic Diocese of Spokane offers a 35% tuition reduction to qualified Master's in Theology & Leadership students working as full-time teachers, principals and Pastoral/Diocesan Ministers working in schools or parishes under the auspices of the Catholic Diocese of Spokane.
Details can be found here.
Students can partner with our Student Accounts office to set up a tuition payment plan.*Tuition rates are subject to change.