Whether you are newly learning about the Plateau or need a refresher, we hope these resources will support your research.
- Map, Context, Timeline, Takeaways, and Advice (go to PowerPoint here)
- Bibliography about Indigenous Plateau People and Histories (coming soon)
- Knowledge Holders from the Plateau - Native American Studies Spring 2021 Speaker Series:
- Professor Michael Holloman (Colville) and Leanne Campbell (schitsu'umsh Coeur d’Alene) share a discussion of Plateau arts.
- Leanne Campbell (schitsu'umsh Coeur d’Alene) discusses cultural tourism initiatives created and conducted by the Coeur d’Alene Tribe.
- Professor Michael Holloman (Colville) discusses artists Clyfford Still and Worth Griffin, as well as the Nespelem Art Colony (1937-1941).
- Dr. Melodi Wynne (Spokane) discusses Tribally-informed definitions of “intellectual property” and recommendations for protections of Tribal cultural resources.
- Tribal websites:
- Local Native organizations: