Listen to the Gonzaga Wind Symphony
- Lincolnshire Posy I & II by Percy Grainger, Conducted by Robert Spittal
- Winter Dreams by Robert Spittal, Conducted by Robert Spittal
- Sanctuary by Frank Ticheli, Conducted by Robert Spittal
The Wind Symphony is the premier ensemble for Gonzaga University wind and percussion students. The 50-piece ensemble, conducted by Professor of Music and renowned composer Dr. Robert Spittal, is recognized for presenting superior performances and innovative concerts featuring the finest contemporary and classic works composed for the modern symphonic wind and percussion orchestra. The Wind Symphony frequently performs with world class guests.
Students interested in Wind Symphony should contact Dr. Spittal at email@example.com.
Auditions take place at the beginning of each semester.
Chamber music is an integral part of a complete music learning experience. Musicians in the Wind Symphony form chamber ensembles such as Brass Choir, Double Woodwind Quintet, Saxophone Quintet and Percussion Ensemble every semester.
Wind Symphony Graduates
- Have gained entrance to graduate programs in music performance, music education, composition and conducting
- Are pursuing successful careers as professional performers and music educators
Wind Symphony Scholarships
Students of all majors are eligible to audition for and receive scholarships to participate in the Wind Symphony.