The department offers two degrees, one major and one minor:
- Bachelor of Science, Physics major
- Bachelor of Arts, Physics major
- Minor in Physics
Please reference the Undergraduate Catalog for course requirements specific to the Physics Department major and minor.
- Students are expected to declare their major in this area in their freshman year.
- Students in their sophomore year and students in the Florence program can be accommodated by special arrangement with the department.
- The B.A. physics degree is intended to better allow College of Arts and Sciences students to complete double majors, therefore, students who earn a B.A. physics degree must also be earning a B.A. degree in another College of Arts and Sciences department.
- Summer research opportunities within the department, as well as with other programs, such as Research Experience for Undergraduates (REU) programs, are encouraged.