Please reference the 2018-2019 Undergraduate Catalog for course requirements specific to the Physics major and minor.
- The Department of Physics offers Bachelor of Science and Bachelor of Arts degrees in Physics.
- Students are expected to declare their major in this area in their freshman year.
- Students in their sophomore year and students in the Florence program can be accommodated by special arrangement with the department.
- The B.A. physics degree is intended to better allow College of Arts and Sciences students to complete double majors, therefore, students who earn a B.A. physics degree must also be earning a B.A. degree in another College of Arts and Sciences department.
- Summer research opportunities within the department, as well as with other programs, such as Research Experience for Undergraduates (REU) programs, are encouraged.