Through ongoing research, reflection, and integration of new findings in applied linguistic theory and methodology, the English Language Center faculty and staff strive to provide an exemplary teaching and learning experience for all students in ELC language learning and language teaching programs and to serve as a resource to the larger Gonzaga community.
The Gonzaga University English Language Center’s mission is to:
- Teach general and academic English to multilingual and multicultural students;
- Help students gain an understanding of the English language and American culture, while also honoring their own cultures, values and traditions;
- Provide opportunities for students to achieve their academic, personal and professional goals;
- Guide students toward actively contributing to their own learning process as well as to the intellectual and social life of Gonzaga, both in and out of the classroom; and
- Serve as the program for satisfying English language proficiency requirements of other departments at the University.