Here you will find a collection of research opportunities to explore. Students are encouraged to seek out additional opportunities in addition to those provided here. Also, students should speak with their advisor for help before applying to any program.
Human Physiology Student Research Projects
The following posters are examples of recent research projects students have completed under the guidance of a Human Physiology faculty member. The projects take place across two semesters (HPHY 441L and 442L) and most are presented by students at regional scientific conferences.
- CVD Risk Factors in Students
- CrossFit Project
- Muscle Activation and Hand Writing Quality
- Metabolic Cost During Knee Extensions
- Parkinsonian Posture and Gait Clearance in Young Adults
National Research Opportunities
- The American Physiological Society: Undergraduate Summer Research Fellowship (UGSRF)
- National Institutes of Health: Summer Internship Program (SIP)
- National Institutes of Health: College Summer Opportunities to Advance Research (C-SOAR)
- National Science Foundation: Research Experiences for Undergraduates (REU)