International Students

If documents have been generated using Artificial Intelligence (AI), your application may be denied.

In addition to the eligibility and application requirements, international students must also submit the following: 

Proof of English Language

  • TOEFL score of 88 or
  • IELTS score of 6.5 or
  • Verification of English language proficiency from the Gonzaga University ISSS office or
  • An official recommendation from Gonzaga University's English Language Center

To see all testing options, please visit the TOEFL website.

If you do not meet the English proficiency requirements listed above, but believe your English to be equivalent to these levels for graduate studies at Gonzaga University due to work, education or language immersion experience, please contact your Admissions Specialist.

International Transcripts

All international students applying directly to a Gonzaga University graduate program must have each foreign transcript evaluated through an AACRAO approved, third-party evaluator such as World Education Services (WES) or Educational Credential Evaluators (ECE). 

Applicants are required to obtain a course-by-course evaluation of all university degrees earned outside of the United States.

SpanTran is our recommended agency for where you can obtain this evaluation, but we will also accept evaluations from Educational Credential Evaluators (ECE) or World Education Services (WES).

SpanTran has created a custom application for Gonzaga students that will make sure you select the right kind of evaluation at a discounted rate ($150 for the evaluation) . You can access their application by clicking here.

If using ECE, please request the course-by-course evaluation.
If using WES, please select the course-by-course ICAP service.

Official transcript evaluations can be sent electronically to or have them mailed to:

Gonzaga University
Attn: Graduate Admissions Operations
AD Box 102
502 E. Boone Ave
Spokane, WA  99258-0102

Copy of passport picture page

  • If you do not have a passport, a copy of identification card from the home country is required.

Proof of Adequate Funding to Study in the US

  • Financial Declarations
  • Bank statement showing required amount listed on the Financial Declarations

Gonzaga offers scholarships for international students.

For details go to our International Graduate Student Scholarship webpage.

Other Questions?

Ethan Lewan
Call or Text: (509) 313-6243 (866) 380-5323

Information is subject to change.