The application for the Fall 2024 Cohort is open!
- Deadline: April 19th, 2024
- Classes begin August 27th, 2024
Due to the cohort nature of this program, there is one start date per year: Fall term.
You must have a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited university.
If documents have been generated using artificial intelligence (AI), your application may be denied.
- Complete the Online Application
Submit one official transcript from each college or university attended.
- If your cumulative GPA falls below a 3.0 please include an explanation of GPA statement.
- If you previously attended Gonzaga or are a current student, please note that GU transcripts are ordered by your admissions counselor on your behalf.
Official transcripts can be mailed or emailed to:
Graduate Admissions Operations
AD Box 102
502 E. Boone Avenue
Spokane, WA 99258-0068
Two Letters of Recommendation
Letters of recommendation need to follow the following guidelines:
Graduated with your bachelor’s degree less than three years ago:
- Provide one letter from a past professor.
- Provide a second letter from a current supervisor, academic advisor, or an additional letter from a past professor.
Graduated with your bachelor’s degree more than three years ago:
- Provide two letters from current or past supervisors (within the last three years). You will enter the contact information of your recommenders in the online application and they will be contacted directly via email with instructions.
- Request a letter focused on your abilities in the areas of leadership, interpersonal skills, critical thinking, judgment, professionalism, and insight into your ability to be successful in a graduate program.
- Graduates with a major or minor in Gonzaga’s Sport and Physical Education undergraduate program may submit a letter from one professor or advisor within that program.
Please address the following questions, in your own words, as completely and succinctly as possible.
- What do you see as your strengths that will help you successfully complete our program, what challenges do you anticipate if you are accepted into this program and how do you plan to overcome them?
- What do you see as a problem sports managers face in the sporting industry today and why?
The answer to each question should be 500-800 words. If the questionnaire does not meet the criteria, applicants may not be accepted.
We encourage students to have their questionnaire answers reviewed by a professional at the master’s or doctoral level before submitting the application package.
Create a 3-5 minute YouTube video answering the following questions in your own words:
- What appeals to you about Gonzaga’s MASAA program and how do you see this program helping you achieve your long term career goals?
- Read the University Mission Statement and respond to the following question: How do you use the Mission in your current work or plan to use it in your future endeavors in a sporting or related industry?
Tips for creating the best video
- Take time to plan your answers
- Be specific with your answers
- Start with a quick introduction
- Treat the video like an interview
- Test the lighting and sound
- Frame yourself well
- Consider having a friend help you shoot the video
- Instructions for uploading a video to YouTube
- Attach the link to a word document and upload it to your application dashboard
Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Include a resume of professional educational experience.
Military-Connected & Veteran Students
- Currently, all active-duty military members must have permission/approval from an Education Services Officer (ESO), Military Counselor, or the Military Service prior to applying.
- For more information on how to apply for the GI Bill and related benefits, please visit the U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs How to Apply page.
- Visit Gonzaga’s Military & Veteran Students for more information regarding benefits and student support
Call or Text (509) 313-4325 or (866) 380-5323
Information is subject to change.