The Master of Art in Religious Studies Program is currently undergoing some changes and applications are not being accepted at this time. Please contact Dr. Anastasia Wendlinder, for more information.
Dr. Anastasia Wendlinder
Co-Director, Graduate Program
Each applicant must submit the following materials:
- Completed Gonzaga University Master of Arts in Religious Studies application.
- $50.00 non-refundable application fee via check or money order made payable to Gonzaga University and mailed to the Religious Studies Graduate Admissions Office. The application fee is waived for Gonzaga University undergraduates and International applicants.
- Two confidential letters of recommendation sent directly from the recommending persons to Gonzaga University c/o Religious Studies Graduate Admissions using the official Religious Studies Confidential Recommendation Form.
- A three to five page piece of academic research which you have written (in English). A complete paper is not required; it should be a piece of what you consider a good example of your writing/research ability.
- A one page statement of purpose (in English) addressing these two questions:
1. Describe your interest in a Master of Arts in Religious Studies program.
2. Assess your current strengths and describe what you hope to gain from a Master of Arts in Religious Studies program.
- The official score from either the Miller Analogies Test (MAT) or the General Aptitude Test (GRE). Test results must be less than five years old. This requirement may be waived if applicant has an advanced degree.
- Two official transcripts from each college or university attended. **International applicants must submit foreign transcripts in the original language and also in English.
International applicants must also provide the following:
- Applicants who are non-native speakers of English are required to provide proof of English proficiency. This requirement can be met in the following manner (proof of 1 of the 3 below required):
1. TOEFL score of 550 IBT
2. IELTS score of 6.5
3. Undergraduate transcript demonstrating English as the primary language of instruction.
- Completed Financial Declaration with original supporting documents.
Religious Studies Graduate Program
502 E. Boone Avenue
Spokane, WA 99258-0057
Phone: (509) 313-6782
Fax: (509) 313-5718
Location: Robinson House,
Office Hours: Mon-Fri
8 a.m.-Noon & 1:00-4:30 p.m.