Gonzaga Graduate Summer Institute in Intercultural Communication and Professional Media
We'll take you from casual tourist to a global citizen. The courses in Italy are designed to give Graduate Students an intercultural learning experience that combines an immersion into Intercultural Communication, Italian and multi-media communication skills
A Cultural Immersion Project in the MA Program in Communication & Leadership Studies at GU
Gonzaga University Masters program in Communication and Leadership Studies announces its Graduate Summer Institute in Intercultural Communication andCertificate in International Media. The MA Program has a tradition of global, cross-disciplinary, practical emphasis in Communication and Leadership. Classes can be taken independently, applied to the Masters Degree Program in Communication and Leadership Studies, or you can complete a 12-credit International and Intercultural Course Sequence.
The Program At-A-Glance
- Program type: Short-term, faculty-led program administered by Gonzaga University
Session I: Monday, June 9 - Wednesday, June 25, 2014
Session II: Thursday, June 26 - Saturday, July 12, 2014
If enrollment grows, we may offer both dates below to accommodate all students. A decision will be made by February 1st and will be based on enrollments & student date flexibility.
- Eligibility: Graduate Students or Graduating Seniors (from any discipline and/or university).
- Language: Courses will be taught in English and there will be conversational Italian to enrich your experience.
- Subjects: Intercultural Communication and Multi-Media Studies.
- Housing: Shared Apartments with Kitchen and Laundry.
- Estimated Cost: $5,276
- Cost includes: 6 credits graduate tuition, 17 nights housing, transportation in Italy, some excursions and meals, technology, and orientation program.
- Financial aid: Gonzaga and federal financial aid can be applied towards this program.
- Program Application deadlines: Applications will be considered on a rolling admissions basis and no later than February 1, 2014. The program will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis. If the program is filled prior to February 1, 2014, a wait list may become necessary.
- Application for Cagli Project/Rick Steves Scholarship: The Master's Program in Communication & Leadership Studies in cooperation with the Northwest Alliance for Responsible Media is pleased to announce two $300 graduate scholarships to students. Application deadline February 7, 2014.
For details and an application for the Cagli Scholarship please click on this link.
Cagli 2014 Flyer
502 E. Boone Ave.
Spokane, WA 99258-2616
Office: Tilford 222
Student Services Coordinator
Office: Tilford 223
Faculty Support Coordinator
Office: Tilford 221