Courses & Schedule
The courses in Italy are designed to give Graduate Students an intercultural learning experience that combines an immersion into Intercultural Communication, Italian and multi-media communication skills.
Students who have completed the International and Intercultural Course Sequence (12 credits required):
6 credits of this curriculum are taken in Italy and the additional 6 credits can be taken at the Gonzaga campus in Spokane, Washington or online in any location in the world.
Cultural Immersion classes in Italy (6 credits required):
- COML 506 - Intercultural & International Communication (3 credits) or
- COML 513 - Advanced Topics in Communication: International Media and Culture (3 credits) or
- COML 517 - Communication Practicum in Multi-Media (3 credits)
Online or campus-based classes for completion of International Media Certificate:
- COML 508 - Theorizing Communication (3 credits)
- COML 509 - Social Dynamics of Communication Technologies (3 credits)
Class schedules vary, but are generally planned for Monday to Thursday, allowing independent travel on weekends.
A typical class day:
- Class sessions - 8:30 - 10:30 a.m.
- Caffe discussions - 10:30 - 11:00 a.m.
- Class sessions II - 11:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
- Lunch & Pausa - 1:00 - 2:30 p.m.
- Lab and Field work - 2:30 - 6:00 p.m.