Greetings! The Writing Center's LAST DAY for the Fall 2016 semester is Friday, December 9th. We will be closed throughout Finals Week and the Christmas Holiday-Winter Break. The Writing Center will open its doors for the Spring 2017 semester starting at 10 a.m. on Monday, January 30th.
To make an appointment, go to https://gonzaga.mywconline.com/
The Writing Center strives to assist students on the campus of Gonzaga University in developing their skills as writers who communicate across and beyond the curriculum.
What we provide:
- a trained, courteous staff committed to sustaining a safe space for dialogue and inquiry;
- a comfortable space for writers from all areas of the University community to write, work with tutors and peers, read, and pursue research;
- a focused learning environment for writers to focus on everything from initial brainstorming and drafting to final polishing and document design;
- an opportunity to schedule one-to-one tutoring sessions with tutors and, with advance notice, group sessions;
- in-class presentations about our services, as well as host orientation sessions in the Writing Center for faculty and students;
- a range of work spaces for writing, including tables, private rooms with big screens and white boards, and open seating.
*At present, the Writing Center does not offer online tutoring, but writers are encouraged to take advantage of the resources listed on this website.
The Writing Center is located on the first floor of the Foley Center Library. Come in for a visit!
Hours for the Fall 2016 semester are listed below. The Writing Center will be closed for all holidays and holiday weekends. Thank you.
|Mondays||10 a.m. to 8 p.m.|
Late Appointment Policy: If you are more than five minutes late for an appointment, the session may be given to someone else. We appreciate your promptness!
Missed Appointment Policy: The Writing Center is a busy place, with many writers wanting to secure appointments with tutors. Please respect this fact and only make appointments you can keep, and cancel appointments in advance if you are unable to fulfill your commitment. If you "no show" for two (2) or more sessions in a given academic term, you may be blocked from scheduling further appointments. We really do not want to block your access! So, please just be respectful and responsible to the tutors as well as the other students seeking assistance in the Writing Center. Thank you!
Are you a Gonzaga student interested in applying for a tutoring position? If so, please submit the Writing Tutor Application form listed in the left-hand navigation bar. If you have questions related to the Writing Center, please contact Dr. Eliason, the Writing Center Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you.