Chemistry Hosts Annual Cheesecake Contest
Since 1985 the Chemistry Department has hosted a cheesecake contest open to the Gonzaga community. This event is held each spring near the end of the semester. The culinary delights are judged for best presentation and three awards for taste.
May 2, 2008 Contest Winners:
- 1st Place - Team Lisa Gomez, Shaelah Easterday and Kyla Kenny, "Banana-Strawberry Delight"
- 2nd Place - Team Lisa Gomez, Shaelah Easterday and Kyla Kenny, "Chocolate Fudge Swirl Supreme"
2008 Distinguished Judges
- Marc Manganaro, Dean of Arts and Sciences
- Carol Bonino, University Relations
- JoAnn Waite, Director of AVP Sponsored Research and Programs
- Dave Rovick, Coordinator, Student Activities
May 4, 2007 Contest Winners:
- 1st Place - Jennifer Rider and Zack Kubin, "It's Not Shrooms, but It'll Make You Feel Like Height-Felt"
- 2nd Place - Liz Goossen and Perrin Mok, "Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake
- 3rd Place - Jeff Watson, "Tangerine Dream Cheesecake
- Best Appearance - Emily Swegle and Ashley Parrish, "Cheese & Crackers"
2007 Distinguished Judges
- Jolanta Kozyra, Assitant AVP
- Kelly Graves, Head Women's Basketball Coach
- Michael Moynahan, S.J., Rector, Jesuit Community
MAY 5, 2006
WARNING: Joining in on the festivities may affect the waist line or require fasting; till at least dinner time.
- 1st place: Virginia Andreotti, Mark Florian, Rory Morgan, Brian Wiest and Marie Burbank for Quercetin Confection, a raspberry cheesecake.
- 2nd place: Tana Dugan for “Dugan’s D’Lish;
- 3rd place: Holly Dembinski & Laura Street with “Auntie Maria’s Cheesecake;
- Diane Chain won the appearance award with Peanut Butter Chocolate Delight.
The judges are distinguished volunteers from the highest offices of GU