Zag Madness Virtual Experience Unites Zags for Final Four
SPOKANE, Wash. — Gonzaga has created a new way for Zag Nation to come together to celebrate the Gonzaga men’s team’s Final Four appearance, and opportunity for a historic undefeated National Championship — the Zag Madness Virtual Pregame Experience. The entire community — from students, to alumni, to fans — is invited to register now for this free event on Saturday, April 3 at www.gonzaga.edu/ZagMadness.
Gonzaga has partnered with Houdini Interactive, AmpliFi and Talk Fast Social — all Spokane-based companies — to present a digital multimedia extravaganza featuring immersive 360-degree views inside McCarthey Athletic Center, John J. Hemmingson Center, and Jack and Dan’s Bar and Grill. If the Bulldogs advance to the National Championship game, there will be another pregame event on Monday, April 5, with fresh content, new prize giveaways, new guests, and updated features.
“While we wish we could all be together in person, we are excited to bring together Zag Nation to celebrate this historic moment in a new kind of virtual space. Alumni and fans can gather and see one another in Zag Fan Rooms, listen to a live DJ coming to them from The Bulldog, and get energized with a pregame rally all from the comfort of their own home,” said Joe Poss, vice president of university advancement.
“Doors open” for the virtual festivities at 10:30 a.m., with a welcome message at 11:05 a.m. (PDT) on Saturday, April 3, the day the undefeated and top-seeded Gonzaga Bulldogs will take on the UCLA Bruins at Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis, Indiana. At 11:10 a.m., Gonzaga President Thayne McCulloh will share inspiration with Zag Nation, followed by:
- A pregame rally and prize giveaway at Noon.
- A halftime program, followed by more giveaways.
- ZAG Fan Rooms that will be open at the following times:
- Kennel Club Fan Room from 11:30 a.m.–Noon.
- Nike Fan Room from 12:30–1 p.m.
Participants will be able to explore each environment through an interactive experience filled with videos, games and a DJ streaming live from The Bulldog. Fans will also get to experience:
- The buzzer-beater game on the floor of the McCarthey Athletic Center.
- A web-based photo booth with fun frames like Drew Timme’s handlebar mustache.
- Beverages for Bulldogs where fans can purchase a virtual drink with all proceeds going to student scholarships.
- Zag Fan Rooms where visitors can hear from fellow Zags and connect with one another.
- Prize giveaways including tickets to the men’s game vs. Duke next year in Las Vegas.
- Learn about Gonzaga’s mission and University leaders.
For more information, please contact Pete Tormey, associate director of public relations, at firstname.lastname@example.org.