YOU SAID IT. WE HEARD YOU. we’re responding.
Thank you for the great response to our Alumni Survey. We read the feedback, are thrilled most of you have a great feeling about Gonzaga, and we appreciate the constructive recommendations on how we can serve you better. New and enhanced resources in the areas most important to your alumni experience are listed below. Watch for changes yet to come.
- Greater Access to the Zag Network
- Online Directory – it’s refreshed. Update your profile or contact a friend at zagsonline.org.
- Online Mentoring Platform: It’s new. Mentor a student or alum, or start a corporate or affinity group zagsonline.org/mentoring
- Regional Chapters – We’ve added more locations, join yours today.
ENHANCED CAREER SERVICES
- GU’s Job Search Database: gonzaga.joinhandshake.com
- Atomic Learning – Improve your computer skills with online software training and resources
- Career Treks – Students and Alumni enjoy career fairs, corporate visits, alumni panel discussions and networking dinners. Join us in New York, Seattle, Spokane, Portland, Silicon Valley, San
- Francisco, Denver and L.A. for Treks.
MORE OF THE JESUIT MISSION AND TRADITION
- Alumni Chaplain Fr. Steve Hess, S.J., has joined our team.
- Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Spirituality on Tap and Faith Events are listed at zagsonline.org/spirituality
- Alumni Admission Fee Waiver – Alumni can waive the application fee for a student who wants to attend Gonzaga, or become an Alumni Admissions Representative.
MAKING GONZAGA AVAILABLE TO ALL
You asked us to be mindful of how many solicitations we send, and we’re working hard to strike the right balance. You also told us how strongly you feel that every qualified student should be able to afford a Gonzaga education, and experience GU in the ways you did. We agree. As we enter this final year of the Gonzaga Will campaign, please consider helping make that possible for deserving students with your gifts. Go to www.gonzaga.edu/give to help.
Director of Engagement & Alumni
Connectedness, communications major themes of alumni survey response
ONCE A ZAG, always a Zag.
Last fall, 2,370 of you responded to a survey about your affiliation with Gonzaga. Here’s what we found:
“A lot of my development, growth and success as a student is because of the mentor-mentee relationship I had with Gonzaga alumni. We should all give back to current students through mentoring.”
– 2010s ALUM
“My Jesuit education at Gonzaga has given me an ethical and logical foundation that underlies my life decisions. The warmth, community and spirituality that I experienced were unlike any other community (I’ve been a part of) since.”
– 1970s ALUM
We learned that our alumni would like to:
“The most important thing to me is that I am a Zag. Always will be. It was four of the best years of my life. I made lifelong friends and feel like I belong to a special and select club – the Zags. There is just something magical.”
– 1980s ALUM