Just starting and need a little extra help?
Library "To Do" List for Nursing Students.
- Check your Zagmail account. You may be surprised at the number of messages already in there! Your Gonzaga e-mail address is usually your first initial+last name followed by @gonzaga.edu.
- View your library record. Go to the Foley homepage/click on Catalog/click on My Account and login with your GU ID number and last name.
- Create an ILLiad account. You'll need this to request books that are not in Foley Library and to request articles you can't get in full-text online through one of Foley Library's subscription databases. Distant students (35 + miles from campus) may use ILLiad to request ANY articles you can't get in full-text online.
- Login to the CINAHL or MEDLINE database from off-campus as soon as possible! If you have problems with your username and password, contact the computer help desk: email@example.com or 509-323-5550.
Printable Tip Sheet for GU Nursing Students - Coming soon! (11/08)
Some of you may be familiar with using Loansome Doc to order articles, but we are recommending using My NCBI and it's Get It at Gonzaga link.
- Once you register for a My NCBI account, you can also save your searches for use the next time you login.
- The Get It at Gonzaga link takes you directly to our Periodicals @ Foley page and the record (if there is one) for the journal you are looking for.
Directions on how to set up an account for My NCBI in PubMed.
PubMed Tutorials from the National Library of Medicine: Tutorials
WHAT'S THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN PUBMED AND MEDLINE? - Mostly the search interface, really. Both search the same article database from the National Library of Medicine. However, if you are familiar with using our CINAHL database, you might find it easier to use our MEDLINE database rather than PubMed. PubMed does have the newest articles - the ones that haven't been assigned subject headings yet. Once they are indexed, they are included in MEDLINE.