MA/TESL Application Information & Checklist
- CompletedApplication- click here to apply online
- $50.00 application fee, payable online through the application
- Two confidential letters of recommendation submitted through the online application
- Official transcripts from each college or university attended.**International applicants must submit foreign transcripts in the original language and in English.
- A written statement of purpose (in English) 750-1000 words addressing these three questions (question three will vary based on which program you’re applying for – MA/TESL or PCMI):
- 1) What effect have experiences with people from other cultures had on your life, education and career choices?
- 2) a) In your opinion, what are some difficulties in learning a second language? b) What are some advantages of learning a second language?
- MA/TESL Applicants: 3) Why do you want to attend Gonzaga University? What are your personal, educational and career goals? How will the Gonzaga University MA/TESL degree help you to achieve those goals?
- PCMI Applicants: 3) Why do you want to volunteer with the Peace Corps? What are your personal, educational and career goals once you complete the PCMI program and your Peace Corps service? How will the Gonzaga University PCMI degree help you to achieve those goals?
Additional requirement for International students:
- Proof of English Proficiency: an official TOEFL score of 580 written, 88 IBT OR an IELTS of 6.5 OR successful completion of the Gonzaga's ESL Program with faculty recommendation
- Completed Financial Declaration (pdf) with original supporting bank statement
- Passport copy
International Student Checklist
MA/TESL and PCMI Program
Toll Free: (800) 986-9585
Phone: (509) 313-5593