MA/TESL Application Information & Checklist
- Completed MA/TESL & PCMI Application Form
- $50.00 application fee, payable online by clicking here
- Two confidential letters of recommendation sent directly from the recommending persons to the Director of MA/TESL program using the Confidential Recommendation Form (pdf)
- A written statement of purpose (in English) 750-1000 words addressing these three questions (question three will vary based on which program you’re applying for – MA/TESL or PCMI):
- 1) What effect have experiences with people from other cultures had on your life, education and career choices?
- 2) a) In your opinion, what are some difficulties in learning a second language?
- b) What are some advantages of learning a second language?
- 3) Why do you want to attend Gonzaga University? What are your personal, educational and career goals? How will the Gonzaga University MA/TESL degree help you to achieve those goals?
- 3) Why do you want to volunteer with the Peace Corps? What are your personal, educational and career goals once you complete the PCMI program and your Peace Corps service? How will the Gonzaga University PCMI degree help you to achieve those goals?
- Two official transcripts from each college or university attended. **International applicants must submit foreign transcripts in the original language and in English.
- Completed Financial Declaration (pdf) with original supporting bank statement
Additional requirement for International students:
- An official TOEFL score of 550 (written) or 213 (computer) score or 80 IBT (successful completion of the ESL program)
International Student Checklist
MA/TESL and PCMI Program
Toll Free: (800) 986-9585
Phone: (509) 313-5593