Their Legacy is Gonzaga's Future
Gonzaga University is honored and grateful to have received estate gifts between June 1, 2020 and May 31, 2021 from the following alumni and friends, who were inspired to leave a legacy and have an impact on the following areas:
- A gift from the Estate of Bernice H. Bays was directed to the School of Business Excellence Fund.
- Marliss E. Dry (’67) made a gift from her living trust in support of the Biology Department.
- The remainder of a charitable gift annuity established by Margel Kaufman (’63) was added to the Friends of the Theater fund.
- A gift from the Estate of Robert G. Pedersen (’59) will provide scholarships for engineering students and support the John and Joan Bollier Family Center for Integrated Science & Engineering.
General Support and Unrestricted
- Alumni Piero R. Albi, Jr. (’72), Gary M. Alworth (’67) and John J. Rose, Jr. (’74) made gifts in their will or trust for the Fund for Gonzaga.
- Remainder proceeds from a charitable gift annuity established by Norman (’50) and Amarant (’49) Cormier were added to the Fund for Gonzaga.
- The Estate of Carole E. Nowak provided a gift for the Fund for Gonzaga.
- Pierre F. (’61) and Joyce M. St. Denis made a gift to support the highest priorities of the University through their trust.
Scholarships – Current
- A gift from the Eldred G. Mugford Revocable Trust will benefit nursing students in memory of Clare H. Mugford through the Eldred George Mugford R.N. Scholarship.
- A bequest from Rev. Charles D. Skok (’56) established the Rev. Charles Skok Religious Studies Scholarship in support of religious studies majors and graduate students.
Scholarships – Endowed
- Richard J. DeBlieck made a gift in support of the Richard J. DeBlieck Endowed Scholarship by listing Gonzaga as a beneficiary of his life insurance policy.
- Dr. Arthur A. Dugoni’s (’47) children helped fulfill his final wishes in support of the Fr. James Linden Endowed Scholarship for students with financial need.
- Donald E. Olson (‘57) made Gonzaga the beneficiary of his IRA for the benefit of the Donald and Joan Olson Endowed Scholarship fund.
- Ruth H.S. Pearson left a gift in her will for the Pearson Family Endowed Scholarship in support of worthy students with high financial need.
- Through a provision in his trust, Donald W. Rockstrom made his ultimate gift to the Donald W. Rockstrom Endowed Scholarship in support of students pursuing degrees in Business Administration.
- A final gift was received from the Estate of Myrtle E. Woldson in support of the Myrtle E. Woldson Endowed Scholarship.
You are our Heritage. Your Legacy is our future.
For a complete listing of our Heritage Society Honor Roll 2020-21 visit gonzaga.edu/honorroll