Tickets on Sale for Myrtle Woldson Performing Arts Center Grand Opening
SPOKANE, Wash. — Tickets are on sale for the opening production of Spokane’s newest theater and concert hall, the $30-million Myrtle Woldson Performing Arts Center at Gonzaga University.
“A New Season: A Celebration of Artistry, Place, and Potential,” the opening production in the Center’s 759-seat Mainstage Theater, brings together dance, theatre, and music in a multisensory tour through the seasons.
More than 125 performers from the Gonzaga Repertory Dance Company, Acting and Dance Ensembles, Concert Choir, and Chamber Orchestra will perform dramatized interpretations of work by regional poets with dance sequences set to the cantata for choir and orchestra, “A Time to Dance,” by Alec Roth. The production is directed and choreographed by Suzanne Ostersmith and conducted by Tim Westerhaus.
‘A New Season: A Celebration of Artistry, Place, and Potential’
- Thursday, April 25, 7:30 p.m. (Grand Opening)
- Friday, April 26, 10 a.m. (School Matinee)
- Saturday, April 27, 2 p.m.
- Sunday, April 28, 2 p.m.
- Grand Opening: $50-$75, $25 students -- includes post-show reception
- Weekend Matinees: $25-$50, $15 students
- To order: Visit www.gonzaga.edu/mwpac or call the Box Office at (509) 313-2787, from noon-5 p.m., Monday- Friday
For more information, visit the Myrtle Woldson Performing Arts Center online at www.gonzaga.edu/mwpac.
Media Contact: Peter Rossing, Myrtle Woldson Performing Arts Center at Gonzaga, (509) 313-4748 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Arts & Culture
- College of Arts & Sciences
- Theatre Arts
- News Center