Date & Time
Saturday, Feb 23, 2019 8:30 AM - 5:30 PM
$25; free to all students
Hemmingson Center at Gonzaga
Event Type & Tags
CMA Conference Registration
About This Event
Join us to learn from top minds about the ‘new drug’ and its effects on the biology of the brain, relationships, and human trafficking.
Hear from leading professionals on how this addiction is linked to brain chemistry, its sociological effects on our culture and its global consequences.
- Donald Hilton, MD, FACS, San Antonio, TX: Neurosurgeon and author and co- author of papers on neurobiology of pornography addiction.
- Gail Dines, PhD, Boston, MA: Professor Emerita of Sociology and Women’s Studies at Wheelock College Author of "Pornland: How Porn Has Hijacked Our Sexuality," Founding president and CEO of Culture Reframed.
- Stefanie Carnes, PhD, Phoenix, AZ: Psychologist and Sex Addiction Therapist, President of the International Institute for Trauma and Addiction Professionals, Author of several texts on sex addiction.
- Patrick A. Trueman, JD, Washington, DC: President and CEO at the National Center on Sexual Exploitation (NCOSE), Former Chief of the Child Exploitation and Obscenity Section, Criminal Division at the U.S. DOJ.
- Clay Olsen, MBA, Salt Lake City, UT: Filmmaker, producer, public speaker, author, and co-founder of Fight the New Drug (fightthenewdrug.org), a youth movement dedicated to raising awareness on pornography.
- Michael d'Esterre, LICSW, Spokane: Member of St. Raphael Counseling.
- Jayme Koerselman, MA, LHMC, CSAT, Spokane: Practitioner and teacher in the field of mental health counseling and healthy sexuality.
- Aaron Tilbury, Spokane: Founder of the Jonah Project which aims to end sex slavery in Spokane.
- Dave Perry, MA, LMHC, Spokane: Member of LifeStar Pornography and Sex Addiction Recovery.
- Michael & Ashley Unruh, MA, LMHC, LCPC, CSAT, Coeur d’Alene: Married couple who specialize in the treatment of sex and love addicts.
>>> View the Agenda