$20,000 over four years
Awarded to Students Involved in the Arts
To apply, students must:
- Complete the Application for Admission to Gonzaga University by February 1.
- Complete the Lyle Moore Scholarship questions by February 1.
- Submit an activity resumé, which must include some involvement in music, theater, or the visual arts.
- Have an unweighted GPA of 3.5 or higher.
- Have an SAT score of at least 1270 or an ACT score of 26.
- Agree to let the Lyle Moore Committee have access to application materials. (The Lyle Moore Committee is made up of GU graduates.)
- To apply online, you must complete the scholarship application during this session. You will not have the ability to save your work. To help you speed the process, you may cut and paste your essay responses from a word document.
Postmarked deadline for completed applications is February 1.
Lyle W. Moore conducted the Gonzaga Glee Club for 30 years and began touring with the Glee Club in 1932. It was common for the Glee Club to log more than 5000 miles a year and their adventures included a performance with Bing Crosby on ABC radio in 1949. Lyle Moore taught his students both the joy of the fine arts and the importance of hard work and discipline. Many of the students who benefited from Moore's skills as a teacher and mentor established a scholarship in his memory.
Gonzaga is a Catholic, Jesuit, liberal arts university dedicated to the education of the whole person. GU provides a nationally-commended education founded on classical principles, with a commitment to diversity.