Veteran Responsibilities

VA Status Changes:

Important! Notify Mike Grabowski on campus regarding any changes that may affect your VA status:

  • Add/drop classes. This may change your eligibility for benefits or cause you to owe a repayment of your benefits.
  • Stop attending class(es).
  • Change your program of study.
  • Change of address or phone number.

Change of Address

  • Call the VA’s toll free number (888-442-4551) to verify that your new address is in their database.
  • Notify the post office so they may forward your checks.
  • Notify Mike Grabowski and TRANS office.
  • Change your Gonzaga student information online.

Know the Requirements for Your Program:

You must apply for a specific educational program. The VA will pay only for courses required for graduation.

Mike Grabowski will compare the classes you have enrolled in each quarter against the appropriate Program of Study

Repeat courses are not generally allowed, except for those passed with less than a 1.0 GPA. The exception is if the Gonzaga degree you are pursuing has a minimum GPA requirement for that particular course.

Counselor/faculty academic consultant error is not an acceptable reason for taking classes not applicable to your program.

Transfer Students:

If you have attended another college or university request that your official transcripts be sent to the Gonzaga Office of Admissions. Please send your Official Transcripts to:

Gonzaga Office of Admission

502 E. Boone Avenue

Spokane, WA 99258-0102

509-313-6572/ Toll Free: 800-322-2584

Transfer Evaluation Information (

General Information for Transfer Students (


  • Impact of Grades Earned on VA Benefits
  • Attend classes all quarter and earn a 2.0 GPA each quarter to remain in good standing with the VA.
  • W” or “Z” grades are considered non-punitive grades and will create a benefit overpayment, resulting in a VA debt.
  • 0.0 (failing) grades are considered punitive grades and may not result in an overpayment.

The VA will NOT create an overpayment if you continue to attend

If you stop attending classes – you will receive an overpayment, resulting in a VA debt


Visit Gonzaga’s TRANS office- Located in The Hemmingson Center room 313 Hours: M-F 9:00-5:00 pm.

The TRANS office is the perfect place to get away from the crowds and have a quiet place to study, relax or visit with fellow veterans. Computers, comfortable chairs and fresh coffee are available.

 The TRANS office is staffed by a VetCorps member and a VA work study who is knowledgeable of ALL the local resources available for a veteran and their family. If you are facing eviction, utility shut-off notice, problems with faculty/staff/students on campus, getting connected with readjustment counselors and VA healthcare – you name it and VetCorps is available for you