Outdoor Special Events & Amplified Sound

Gonzaga University exists in close proximity to many residences and residential neighborhood communities. Local ordinances govern noise transmission and amplification. Out of consideration to all who live in the community, the use of amplifiers, bullhorns, musical instruments, and other forms of communication beyond that of the natural voice must receive prior written approval from the Student Involvement and Leadership office.

In some circumstances a noise variance permit may be required by the City of Spokane. It is the student’s or organization’s responsibility to obtain this permit.

Last Updated: 8/21/15