A long lasting tradition for the Kennel Club since 2006, Tent City is a way to demonstrate your dedicated fandom as a Zag. The Kennel Board will tweet a location on campus that students will race to in order to receive their tenting number, which determines their place in line. Starting the day prior to tip-off, Tent City is set up on either Foley or Herak Lawn and lasts throughout the night.
Grab five friends, put your running shoes on, watch for the tweet, and get ready to run! GO ZAGS!
Be sure to follow our tweets and Tent City updates via Twitter, @ZagKennelClub
Tent City Tent Registration Form → (available in Fall 2019)
Activity Release (additionally required for MINORS only) → (available in Fall 2019)
*Tent City is our way of lining up to get into the Kennel. Make sure that you get a ticket to the game by attending a ticket distribution prior to tenting.
Tent City Schedule: 2019-20 COMING SOON!
How to Tent
- Gather up to 5 dedicated fans together to tent with, 6 people total
- Print out and complete the Tent City Tent Registration form
- Follow @ZagKennelClub on Twitter
- Spread your tenting group out across campus on the day of the tweet
- Wait for the released tweet at the designated time with your registration form in hand
- Follow the set up times listed to begin tenting
- Abide by all rules of Tent City and keep your wrist band on at all times (this is your pass to your reserved spot in line!)
- Bundle up!
Tent City Rules
- No alcohol at anytime in Tent City
- Students must abide by all rules stated in Gonzaga University Code of Conduct, including: All students must abide by Gonzaga's drug, alcohol and sexual misconduct/harassment policies while in tent city. First offense results in getting kicked out of tent city for that game, second offense results in getting kicked out of tent city for the rest of the season in addition to any other consequences issued by the University.
- All tent city participants must sign an agreement stating they understand the Tent City and an Activity Release. These are combined on the tenting form.
- There is to be a minimum one person from each tent group in their tent at all times and there MUST be a sign on the exterior of the tent indicating the tent number
- All tents are to be set up in the corresponding tent number location
- No amplified music between the hours of 10:00 p.m. and 7:00 a.m.
- No personal heaters or heater blankets/pads or any other electric or gas powered heat generating devices.
- No 110 Volt lighting inside of tents due to fire danger
- Only Tent City participants can be in Tent City between the hours of 9:00 p.m. and 7:00 a.m.
- If the temperature is forecasted to be 20 degrees Fahrenheit (10 degrees Fahrenheit with wind chill) or lower based off of www.weather.gov/spokane, tent city will be shut down by 10:00 pm and will resume the following morning at 7:30 am
- All bags will be checked when entering tent city
* Anyone in violation of these rules will no longer be able to participate in Tent City
* The first offense will result in removal from tent city for that game. A second offense will results in removal from Tent City for the rest of the season, in addition to any other consequences issued by the University.