The BRIDGE Mission Statement:
BRIDGE is designed for underrepresented students (people of color and first generation identified*) to begin to explore and embrace their intersecting identities in solidarity and support with one another. The BRIDGE program strives to create an understanding community where students learn to navigate the academic and social environments of GU while creating lasting bonds together.
By participating in the BRIDGE pre-orientation program, students will:
- Begin to navigate college expectations and identify resources to help adjust to college
- Build a foundational support network of upperclass students, staff, and faculty who are invested in student success
- Examine aspects of personal identity and how that may impact the college experience
- Engage in intercultural experiences with incoming students of similar backgrounds.
- Continue to receive opportunities for mentorship and support through UMEC and the BRIDGE program throughout the academic year.
Registration for all five programs is on a first-come, first served basis. Students may only participate in one program.
Open: Saturday, May 19, 2018 at 9 a.m. PST
Closes: Friday, June 15, 2018 - Extended one more week!
**Cost Subject to Change
BRIDGE Fee waivers, based on financial need, are available for students on a first-come, first served basis. If you are in need of financial assistance, please contact Unity Multicultural Education Center for more information at email@example.com prior to registration opening.