How do I get the keys to my off-campus apartment/themed house?  Once you have submitted your housing deposit (either in the housing office or online via commerce.cashnet.com/guhousing) and have demonstrated you have contacted Avista and set up the electricity to your name, you will be able to obtain your keys from the Housing office.

How do I register for Avista?  You will need to go to www.avistautilities.com or call (800) 227-9187.

How do I register for cable/internet?  You will need to visit the Xfinity website and select a service option, or visit a local Xfinity store and set yp your services in person.

Am I allowed to use Dish/DirecTv?  No you are not allowed to use these services for tv in a Gonzaga owned off-campus facility.

What happens if I lose my house/apartment key?  Please call the Housing office immediately at (509) 313-4103.  Housing keys and key access cards will be reissued through the Housing office.

What happens if I lock myself out of my house/apartment?  If you lock yourself out of your residence, you may call plant at (509) 313-2222.  They will be able to let you back in.

How much is rent in the off-campus theme houses/apartments?  Rent varies by location.  Rent for themed houses will be provided to you in your rental agreement.  Rent for the apartments can be found here.

How do I make a rent payment?  You can pay rent online by visiting this website, commerce.cashnet.com/guhousing.  Just select "rent and deposits" and choose the appropriate options.  Rent payments may also be made inside the Housing office (located in Upper Crosby).

When is my rent payment due?  Your rent payment is due on the first calendar day of each month regardless of what day of the week this falls on.

When is my rent payment considered late?  Your rent payment is considered late beginning on the fourth calendar day of each month.  At that point you will incur a $5 per day late fee, for a maximum of $50 per month.

How do I pay my late fees?  You may pay your late fees online at, commerce.cashnet.com/guhousing.  Just select the "Late Fees" tab and insert the number of days late.  These payments may also be made in the Housing office.

Something has gone wrong in my apartment/house, what should I do?  You may submit a work order to plant via email at customerservice@gonzaga.edu.  On this work order please cc: your Community Advocate and the Residence Director.  If there is an emergency please call Campus Security at (509) 313-2222.

The laundry machines have broke down what do I do?  You notify the housing office at housing@gonzaga.edu or (509) 313-4103.  The laundry machines are supplied by a vendor who does the repairs.  Plant Services will not make repairs to laundry machines. 

My smoke detector/fire alarm keeps making a sound, what does this mean?  This means the batteries in your detector are most likely low.  Please submit a work order and Plant will service these devices for you.

Do I need to have cleaning supplies in my apartment/themed house?  Yes, you are required to have and use cleaning supplies such as a mop, floor cleaning agent, vacuum, disinfectant spray, etc.

Who is required to shovel the snow outside of my residence?  If you lived in a theme house you are required to shovel all walkways to your household.  If you reside in an off-campus apartment, your Community Advocate will shovel your walkways for you and you are not required to shovel them yourselves.

What happens if a room in my apartment/house is vacant?  If you have a vacant room in your residence you will need to pay the difference for this vacant room.

Are service and support animals allowed in Gonzaga owned off-campus living?  Yes, however, you will need to contact Disability Access in order to be approved for such animals.  Their phone number is (509) 313-4134.

Are there any off-campus housing options other than GU owned housing?  There certainly are!  You may check the virtual bulletin board for other housing listings. 

How new are the off-campus living facilities?  These facilities, as well as many living options in the Logan neighborhood, vary in age and condition.  It is important to keep this in mind when considering a transition into off-campus living.

Theme House

Why should I live in a GU house rather than with a private landlord?  Gonzaga housing provides students competitive off-campus rates with maintenance upkeep, the same as on-campus maintenance.  The houses are also located close or on-campus.

Who can live in a theme house?  Theme houses are available for any students meeting our on-campus residency requirement (i.e. have lived on-campus for 4 semesters OR are 21 years of age).

What is the selection committee looking for in a theme house proposal?  The theme house committee is looking for students who are dedicated and passionate to the theme they choose.  The committee looks for creativity, enthusiasm, and dedication to Gonzaga and the Logan neighborhood.  Finally, it is important for residents of Gonzaga houses to be good neighbors and demonstrate maturity and respect for the house, property, and neighborhood.  Students we can trust and be proud of in the neighborhood make great candidates!

What should I expect during the presentation for the theme house proposal?  You should prepare a 5-7 minute presentation for your theme house proposal.  Be prepared to quickly demonstrate why you chose the theme, what your plans are for next year if you are selected as a theme house, and why we should select your theme over others.  Finally, there will be a 3-5 minute question and answer period to allow the committee to learn more.

What advice can you give me on my application and presentation that will help our theme stand out?  The Theme House Selection Committee will be reading many applications and interviewing numerous groups - your application and presentation should be thoughtful and memorable.  Be creative, energetic and enthusiastic about your theme.  Pictures and props are always welcomed and encouraged.

How many house will be be dedicated to the theme house program?  In an attempt to create an off-campus community, the goal is to have all GU off-campus rental properties as theme houses.  There is an ability to have up to 13 theme houses next year.

Will I be able to choose which house I want to live in?  No, the Selection Committee will assign each group to a property that correlates with the size of the group and where the Selection Committee believes each theme should be located.  That house is the only location a group is offered.

What happens if we apply for a theme house but do not like the house we are assigned?  You will be allowed to tour the house you are assigned to BEFORE you are committed to a rental agreement.  If you take a tour and decide not to accept the house, you need to notify Housing of this decision and are free to sign a lease with a private landlord or wait for the on-campus housing process.

Who can I talk with to learn more about the theme house program?  You can contact current Community Advocates (Hannah Kenneally, Anthony Harper or Kenji Booey), Northeast Block Residence Director (Quinton Geis) at geis@gonzga.edu, and/or send an email to offcampushousing@gonzga.edu.  You should also seek out participants of any current theme house who would be willing to talk more about the program.


How do I get into an off-campus apartment?  The off-campus apartment selection occurs during the normal housing selection process for upper classmen.

Am I allowed to send mail to my apartment complex?  You are not given a key to the mailboxes outside of your apartment complex.  Mail sent to this address will be non-deliverable.  We recommend using your on-campus mailbox to receive your mail.

Do I get to select the roommates I live with in my apartment?  Yes.  The housing process for off-campus apartments is just like that for the on-campus residences.  If you do not select a roommate, you may be assigned one at a later time.

Am I allowed to remove university furniture from my apartment?  You are not allowed to move any of the furniture from your apartment.