Mission:The Pre-Health LLC supports first-year students interested in careers in the health professions to pursue meaningful experiences beyond the classroom that prepare them for lives of leadership and service.
In partnership with the Health Professions Pathways Program, the Pre-Health LLC invites students who are interested in careers in the life sciences or healthcare to live and learn together. Residents in the Pre-Health LLC often share pre-requisite course work in preparation for graduate studies in health sciences and find peer support in their classes and academic pursuits through the LLC. Outside of the classroom, students are encouraged to engage in co-curricular activities and programs that are tailored to their interests, such as wellness retreats and reflections, mentorship opportunities with health professionals, and real-world educational experiences.
- Corridor/Traditional Style Living in Lincoln House
- Open to First-Year Students
- In-Hall Classroom and Collaborative Study Space
- Resident Assistant with a Life or Health Sciences Major
Values and Learning Outcomes:
1. Cultivate collaborative networks and engage in the health sciences community outside of the classroom.
2. Apply and integrate concepts of life and behavioral sciences to healthcare and caregiver and/or patient behaviors.
3. Develop awareness of health detriments in the Spokane region through engagement with local organizations.
4. Demonstrate a commitment to life-long learning and a reflective commitment to growth and development.
5. Discuss how Gonzaga’s Jesuit values and humanistic tradition align with promoting healthcare access and equity.