Applications are now available through Zagliving and must be completed by June 1st!
What is an LLC?
Gonzaga's Living-Learning Communities are themed housing options, designed for students who are interested in pursuing their passions alongside others outside of the classroom. Each learning community is the result of partnership between Housing and Residence Life and a variety of academic and educational on-campus departments.
Our LLCs are committed to fostering a spirit of growth and reflection in each resident that will last a lifetime, in accordance with our Jesuit foundation. While each community is different, all LLCs aim to bring together people with similar interests to actively pursue learning through programs and events that extends beyond the classroom.
What are the benefits?
- Live with people who share your interests
- Interact with faculty and staff regularly outside of the classroom
- Experience what it means to live in community with others
- Enjoy access to some of our newest residence halls on campus
- Challenge yourself to critically engage with the world around you
Rolling admission Policy
Living Learning Community spaces fill on a rolling admission and acceptance format based on a first-come-first-served determined by housing application date and meeting eligibility requirements.
Application to a Living Learning Community does not guarantee acceptance to a community.
When responding to the essay questions on the LLC application, be sure to provide thoughtful responses to the questions.
LLC decisions are based upon the strength of responses as well as housing application date for rolling admission.
The selection committees cannot see your Gonzaga University admissions application materials.
Informed selection of preference: Please only apply to your top preferences of LLCs you desire to exist in. There is no guarantee that you will be placed in your top preference and the Housing & Residence Life team does their best to set students within their top three preference areas.
During the housing assignments process, indicating an interest in living learning communities will supersede all other buildings and roommate preferences
Living Learning Community spaces are filled on a first-come-first-served based on housing application date and meeting eligibility requirements. Application to the Living Learning Community does not guarantee acceptance to a community.
Preferred roommate: If you have a preferred roommate please make sure that you discuss your LLC preferences. It is our desire to match LLC preference and roommate placement as best we can. However, please be aware that we select by LLC first and roommate second. Please make sure that your preferred roommate applies to the same LLC as you at the same time as you.
If you are not accepted to a community, your application will be redirected to the general application.
How to Apply
Applying to a Living-Learning Community is free and easy:
- Visit the Online Zagliving Portal and click on the housing application form.
- Select the Living-Learning Community you wish to apply for and answer a few short answer questions on the "Living-Learning Community Selection" page of the housing application.
- Invitations to participate in the LLC will be extended via email to applicants based on application answers and availability.
- Select your room in the Living-Learning Community on LLC Room Selection Day.