Room Assignment Process for New Students
Students will receive an email (ZagMail account) inviting them to log into ZagLiving and select the building and room they would like to live in, and even select a roommate they would like to live with at that time, for the academic year from the spaces available at that time.
- The “early action” admitted students are invited to select before the “regular” admitted students.
- Priority is determined based on the date the housing agreement terms and conditions were accepted.
The Housing Office will assign students who do not make a housing selection by June 18 @ 11:59pm to a building, room and roommate.
- Room assignments made by the Housing Office for students who did not select are made using a computer algorithm that factors in the listed housing preferences and roommate preferences, as well as the responses to the profile questions.
- Students required to reside on-campus are guaranteed a room, however, specific preferences (building, housing style, roommates, etc.) are not guaranteed.
- The “demand” for some buildings and housing styles will exceed the “supply” of available rooms.
- The number of “available beds” in a building may be much less than the building’s total capacity since returning residents selected rooms in these buildings in March.
- It is possible that none of the three building preferences or the housing style preferences listed by a student can be met.
- If this happens, don’t be discouraged. Students are successful in all of our residential communities and there is no evidence to suggest that living in a particular building or housing style is “better” than another.