WOLFF FELLOWSHIP PROGRAM
The Wolff Fellowship program is sponsored by Gonzaga University’s Center for Community Engagement thanks to the generosity of Fritz and Jeannie Wolff. Wolff Fellows are placed with a local community-based organization in order to help build community capacity and strengthen partnerships between Gonzaga and the host organization. Projects are designed around Gonzaga’s seven Arrupe Engagement Pathways. Through their unique projects, Wolff Fellows explore the connection between their disciplinary/career interests and public service, learn about community needs and assets, and partner with community organizations to build community capacity. Wolff Fellowships are paid positions (approximately 8 hours per week during the academic year).
In collaboration with their host organization, Wolff Fellows develop projects that build community capacity through one of the following Engagement Pathways:
- Direct Service Giving personal time and energy to address immediate community needs or priorities.
- Faith & Justice Committing to community-based projects and initiatives that explore the intersection of faith and justice.
- Community-Engaged Learning and Research Enriching knowledge of and informing action on critical social issues by connecting coursework and research to community-identified concerns.
- Philanthropy Raising/developing financial and other resources to actively promote human welfare.
- Policy & Politics Participating in processes of democratic self-governance and civic engagement.
- Advocacy and Awareness Engaging, educating and mobilizing individual or collective efforts that influence changes to systems and/or policies.
- Social Innovation Finding novel solutions to address social challenges by applying concepts and principles found in fields like business and engineering.
2019-20 Partner Organizations:
- Center for Justice
- Logan Neighborhood Organization
- Northeast Community Center & The Zone Project
- Spokane Alliance
- Spokane FAVS
To learn more, please contact Bailley Wootton at email@example.com or 509-313-6821.