The Certificate in Women’s Leadership is a 3-month, non-degree course designed for professionals who wish to develop skills and practices for advancing women in the workplace. Through online learning and on-campus immersions, the course exposes students to research and studies regarding women in the workplace, as well as current readings and materials on the subject. Additionally, the course offers practical skills for overcoming common barriers facing women in the workplace. Learn more about program details here.
This certificate program highlights the following areas of awareness and development:
- Leadership & Identity
- Emotional Intelligence
- Gender and Communication
- Overcoming the Confidence Gap
- Work-Life Integration
- Compensation & Negotiation
What you'll learn
- Gain tools and skills to navigate the unique dilemmas that working women face, such as “double-binds” and “unconscious bias.”
- Understand one’s individual, unique leadership identity and how it surfaces in teams.
- Enhance one’s emotional intelligence for greater effectiveness in leadership roles.
- Develop skills to communicate and negotiate authentically and confidently in various situations.
- Identify practices and attitudes that contribute to a healthy, fulfilling work-life balance.
Spring 2020 Cohort: January 22nd - May 1st
- Deadline to apply: November 29th, 2019
- Immersion dates: February 7th - 8th, 2020 & April 17th - 18th, 2020
Fall 2020 Cohort: September 2nd - December 11th
- Deadline to apply: July 24th, 2020
- Immersion dates: September 18th - 19th, 2020 & November 13th - 14th, 2020